DRM has developed a sludge dewatering filter bag – the Sedi-filter. It is a complete dewatering solution for all your dewatering engineering projects.
The Sludge Dewatering Filter Bag works similar to a tea bag – you pump the wet waste into the bag and the clean water runs out freely whilst the solids are retained within the bag.
WHAT IS IT?
- A passive dewatering and containment system
- Made from durable, high-quality geotextiles
WHAT IT DOES?
- Captures solid material within water, slurries and sludge
- Removes up to 90% of the waste
- Dried material can be spread as soil
- Removed from the site
- Blended into landscape
- Create artificial reefs, weirs or berms in watercourses and in marine environments for erosion control or recreation – including surfing reefs.
- No excessive or specialist machinery required
- Can be used where space is limited
- Environmentally friendly
- Low cost and highly effective
The Sedi-filter dewatering system has been created for small spaces with limited machinery access – all you need is a pump. The geotextile material is biodegradable so you have the option of leaving in on site – it will soon become part of the environment.
This clever piece of filtration equipment has been used very successfully in many different applications so that we’ve dedicated a stand alone page to the Sedi-filter.